International moves have a tendency to be complicated. Don’t fret. We know how to tackle the difficulties, given that we’ve relocated people across oceans and continents in the time we’ve been in business. Whether you’re moving from El Paso to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere in the states to anywhere else – we’ll get your household where it’s got to go. We assume total responsibility for your international move at every stage of …
The Moving Process
These are the steps you can count on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, particularly, you’ll want to know right away what you can expect to pay for such a move. Call us. Speak with us. Tell us where you’ll be going, when you would prefer to or must go, and what type of a move you’d like us to perform for you. Based on our vast experience with global moving, we’ll give you a free ballpark estimate. This may or may not be the final price. Additional consultation with you will help decide that. But at least you’ll have a pretty good approximation of what to expect, budget-wise, in advance of committing to us.
The Home Survey
To arrive at a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we must survey the possessions you’ll be freighting. We permit you to pick from two options for accomplishing this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator visits your home to consult with you on various details of your move, do a walk-through of your home, and take that survey of your belongings.
- By means of your mobile phone, you link directly with our estimator and perform your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need freighted.
The Written Estimate
After consulting with you and examining your Home Survey results, we can give you a more accurate, written estimate of the financial outlay required for your international move. It addresses everything attendant to your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve picked.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which sets locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve picked, safety and insurance provisions, the cost, and other details. Signing it attests that you approve of our terms and pricing and enables us to schedule your international move.
The Move Plan
To reassure you of an international move that’s smooth, safe, and hassle-free, we provide you with a Move Concierge – your very own, personal representative and counselor. He or she will help you plan your move from beginning to end. At your initial meeting, your Move Concierge will …
- establish your move dates,
- confirm the addresses involved here in the states and out of country,
- confirm which of our services you want,
- provide preliminary instruction in what your move will likely entail, and
- provide answers to your questions.
From now until your move is completed, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can rely on him or her being thoroughly familiar with the difficulties of international and counseling you well – especially on customs laws from one country to another. In addition to giving you useful information on your specific destination country, he or she also can assist you with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other needed international paperwork.
Then, as the move commences, your Move Concierge will keep you well informed of the latest developments.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date advances, we’ll email or call you to see that you’re still “good to go” with it, as set forth in the plan. We’ll make sure of dates, times, locations, and other important elements associated with your setting up home in another land, another culture.
Our packing options are made available to more properly match your needs and budget.
- Choose to do your own packing; if you prefer, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Opt to let our crew provide backup packing assistance. Or
- Choose to begin packing yourself and authorize us to help you by packing specialty items.
By whatever method you want your packing taken care of, our past clients will attest that we have a solid understanding of foreign customs laws and will ensure that your shipments are in full compliance. That includes assuring packed items are loaded into the correct overseas shipping containers, as necessary.
When the truck and crew arrive at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and carry out a walk-through, getting familiar with your house and the goods you’re transporting.
Next, they’ll do what’s necessary to safeguard your home while the move-out is underway. They’ll pad stair rails, sharp corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll place carpet covers to keep floors from getting soiled and carpets from snagging, especially in high-traffic areas .
In loading your possessions onto the truck, our crew will assure that moving boxes are marked and classified by room to help with their placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and anything else that needs disassembling will be meticulously torn down by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew performs quality checks and keeps in contact with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
After we’ve gotten your belongings safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews take great pains to get it unloaded safely. Among our destination-country delivery services are …
- using protection pads and carpet covers to keep your new home as it was before the move throughout the move-in,
- systematic unloading – unloading your belongings into the rooms you tell us to put them in,
- putting back together those things that were disassembled for the move,
- unpacking – simply say the word; we’ll do it, and
- debris removal – where, if you like, we’ll get rid of all the empty moving boxes and supplies when the unpacking is done.
The Post-Move Follow-up
Once wecompleted your international move, your Move Concierge will get in touch with you to ...
- analyze it with you,
- examine how faithfully we executed the services you chose
- talk with you about any lingering matters, and
- THANK YOU for hiring A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote