By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
If you're in the midst of moving or a move is in your near future, you're probably aware that lots of work goes into it. From sorting through and packing your stuff to finding a moving company in El Paso
and getting everything ready for your new home, moving is no easy feat.
For moving day, the last thing you want is for things to not go right. Here are some ideas on what you might do beforehand to ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Seven Things to Think About on Moving Day to Help It Go Smoother
- Make sure someone is there: You or maybe a responsible adult will need to be available for the entirety of the move to sign moving company paperwork and supervise the move. This will help sidestep any confusion or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in El Paso. The movers will also appreciate having someone on hand to answer any questions and offer directions.
- Clear the path: Be sure there is a clear pathway leading to the front door so the movers might straightforwardly carry cartons and pieces of furniture in and out. Additionally, clear away any tripping hazards both in and out of the house. This can help thwart any trips or issues.
- Walk through the residence: Once the professional movers in El Paso arrive, go about your residence with them and indicate all belongings of special importance or things that will not be put on the moving vehicle. If you have any irreplaceable belongings you'll transport with you on the move, make sure they are packed up and in a secure spot. This could include items such as jewelry, important papers, as well as family valuables. This can help to ensure that these items are safe and also that nothing is forgotten. When the professional movers in El Paso are done loading the moving van, complete another walkthrough of the residence to ensure all things are accounted for.
- Have a plan: Creating a general plan for where you want to place things in your new house will make the moving process much more simple. Make sure to label each carton with its contents and which room it belongs in so the movers can easily put all the things in its proper place. On moving day, you will want to have a number of items set aside, such as snacks, drinks, toiletries, and a change of clothes. Think about putting together a moving day survival kit. Pack these items up in a bag or box so that you can quickly find them when you want them. Also, be certain you know what moving related tasks need to be done and when. Having a timeline should help keep things moving smoothly.
- Think of a plan for kids and pets: Should you have children and/or pets, it's crucial to make a plan for them on moving day. Plan for someone to babysit them, so they are not in the way of the professional movers in El Paso.
- Talk to your neighbors: In the event you have close neighbors, it is nice to give them a heads up that there will be a large truck parked on the street and that there might be an amount of noise and activity over the course of the day. This will help sidestep any potential conflict or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on the town or homeowners' association, you could need a permit to park the truck near your residence. Check with your local authorities to find out if this is something that you need to address.
Need Help Getting Started?
Moving day is a busy and sometimes stressful time. However by adhering to these guidelines, you can make the entire process less stressful – both for you as well as your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in El Paso is here to help you each step of the way. We're America's leading moving company in El Paso, with almost five decades of experience moving people smoothly and efficiently. Let us take some of the hectic-ness out of moving day for you – call us today!
Request a free quote