Easy Steps for Downsizing Your House in El Paso
Don’t let the “D” word startle you! Yes, we are talking about Downsizing. When you are rationalizing moving in El Paso, thoughts will come up about how much of your property you really need. Surely, you will commence thinking about some stuff you need to get rid of. You may wonder how to go about it. You might deliberate who will want the things you want to rid yourself of. You might wonder if you will feel remorse about getting rid of some of your belongings.
How to decide what to discard:
There are gobs of considerations that you can go through when figuring out what to discard. You should give careful thought to when you last used the item. If it has not seen the light of day in ten years, it is most likely not something that you need to move to your new house. Contemplate if the item is still useful to you. If it is an article of clothing like a coat, try it on. If it does not fit, place it into the discard pile.
One critical item to refrain from is delaying decisions. Oftentimes, this will lead to you keeping more things than you would have. Go with your first thought and decide momentarily if you should keep the item. If there are memories attached to items it can be hard to give them away, but the memories will carry on even after the item is gone.
How to deal with your discard pile in El Paso:
- Garage Sale: This will take some effort but should also get you more back than you would with other methods. The steps to putting on a successful garage sale is easy as pie. Beforehand, review any city ordinances in El Paso and homeowner association rules to make sure that you abide by them. Next, price your items a fair price, especially if you will just give them away free of cost otherwise. Next, publicize your sale. You need to have signs placed on key roads that will guide shoppers to their destination. It may be beneficial to submit advertisements online to get more buyers to your sale. Finally, sit back and enjoy making a little money while visiting with your neighbors. Click the Garage Sale Sign below for a more precise step-by-step guide to planning your garage sale in El Paso.
- Donate Items: When you just want to get rid of your gently used items, donating your items to a charity in El Paso is a great way to do that. You will assist a worthwhile cause. You will also benefit the next person who gets to use your item. It is a great, easy way to get rid of your stuff and keep it out of a landfill. Some charities will even come and pick your donation up from your home.
- Think about family and friends: If you know anyone in your family who is just spreading their wings, asking if they need any items would be a wonderful thing to do Otherwise, just spread the word that you are downsizing and you might be surprised that people will come to you asking for items. It will give you great happiness to give someone something that they need.
- Consider a storage solution in El Paso: There will be some things that you will not want to get rid of. If there is no room for them in your next living situation, consider renting a storage locker. This will allow you extra room for those items that you need for everyday living. If a storage unit is not in the budget, consider if any family or friends would be willing to store items in their basement, garage or barn for you.
- Re-organize: Some objects in your residence might be stored more adequately. For instance, if you have many DVDs, you could take them out of their cases and place them into a DVD folder. This will keep the amount of space you are using down, while allowing you to keep more.
Downsizing your home to prepare for a move will take effort. Think of all the time that it took to gather everything you own. Yet, once you have downsized successfully you will be glad that you did it. You will be able to target your energy on the things you truly cherish and have a need for.