4 Types of Items That Can't Be Moved
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
1. HAZARDOUS ITEMS
For safety reasons, movers maintain a list of hazardous items that they cannot move. Chemicals interacting with other substances, for instance setting paint thinner in addition to weed killer jointly on a moving truck can lead to a terrible outcome.
A number of the hazardous goods that cannot be moved comprise those, like lighter fluid, fuel, propane cylinders, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, house cleansing agents, pesticides, fertilizers, weed killers, spray cans, swimming pool chemicals and also nail polish remover. Make sure to consult with your moving company in El Paso for a whole list.
An additional item you should not place in a moving van is plants. Actually, there are a few states with regulations, concerning certain indoor plants which can or cannot traverse a state line. Whilst bugs and also mites are certainly not an issue in some states, they are thought to be incredibly dangerous in other states.
Additionally, a lot of moving companies do not wish to move plants given that pests which reside in the soil can potentially spill into the moving truck. Even if your moving company agrees to move your plants, they could not survive, especially if you are moving a long distance because plants require sun and also water. In the event that there isn't room in your car for the plants, why not give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company says they will carry your precious valuables on their moving van, it is recommended that you keep your essential files and photos together with you. The reason being these are generally items that are not readily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in El Paso typically pack most canned food for you, however you really should consider if this is a smart idea. Of course, perishable foods should not be carried on a moving van. It is usually a smart idea to donate your perishables in addition to foods in glass jars instead of lugging them with you.
You'll want to make room in your vehicle for even more important things, and you don't want to need to bother about accidents from leakages, cracks or mold ahead of getting to your new house. However boxed and/or canned items, like spices and dried fruits could be moved. For any questions about which foods that can or can't be moved, make sure you ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to carry your household pets along with you and go over any unique requirements your pet could have with your veterinarian.
· As for alcohol, take into consideration that state laws concerning alcoholic beverages may differ, so it's advisable to not move your alcohol.
· Why not take advantage of supermarket delivery soon after reaching your new house. You can order online for foods, paper products, cleaning supplies and other essentials.
· You could put your lawn mower on the moving truck, provided you have drained the gasoline and oil tanks.
· Consider that it is likewise unsafe for you to move hazardous products in your vehicle. It's best to simply repurchase them once you reach your new house. To put it differently, do not take the risk of transporting them.
To make moving as smooth as it can be, contact us to schedule an appointment and discover more about the wide variety of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote