Moving & Stress: Do They Have to Go Hand in Hand?
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
As a professional moving company in El Paso, we have witnessed all kinds of moves, both smooth and also chaotic, and we would like to provide some suggestions that could help you circumvent some of the stress of moving.
· Don’t ignore that the stress is normal. Pretending that you aren’t stressed can make you additionally stressed. Stress will be usual as well as natural, and sifting your way through it does require understanding it exists.
· Try to give yourself enough time to get everything done. It will take the majority of people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. In the event you have a large quantity of things, then it could likely take even longer. In the event you require moving boxes, be sure to order or buy them well in advance and formulate a plan for if you need more. Check with your local moving company in El Paso, as they might have used cartons available. You need to also allot a day or two to clean the residence you are leaving.
· Create a plan. Figure out how you need to plan everything for a good result. Many folks need a plethora of to-do lists, other people may try to find a moving app for their cell phone. Create deadlines for each portion of the move and set them soon enough that blowing them won't be a a total meltdown. Also, think about what is going into each box. Label your cartons clearly as well as consistently, as you’ll need to explain your labeling system to the professional movers in El Paso. Label everything that is fragile. Ponder for a moment which room everything is going into in the new place and label cartons accordingly. Most professional movers in El Paso will happily set everything marked "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Do not hesitate to ask for help or hire a moving company to assist. You do not need to handle the entire move yourself. Recruit your friends as well as extended family members for help. Employ professional movers in El Paso for the heavy lifting, though, rather than banking on anyone's goodwill. If you’re super busy and can afford it, give some thought to hiring the moving company in El Paso to complete some or all the packing, too.
· Be open to get rid of things. Moving can be a great reason to get rid of items which might be taking up space in your home a long time out of sheer laziness. If you have a dilapidated piece of furniture, now may be the time to kick it to the curb and buy a replacement once you move. Old TVs that won’t turn on? Books you have not looked at in a decade? Something you absolutely forgot you even had? Sell the items that you can and donate everything else.
· Make sure to allow for downtime. Moving is likely to take over your entire life. Many people find they do not have time to obtain enough sleep during the move. Or they do not do anything but work, move, as well as worry about the move. Give some leeway in your schedule so you can go out for lunch, take the kids to a fun activity, etc.
· When you are moving to a new neighborhood or even a new city, explore the new town for a bit. Spend some time searching for diners you just must try and attractions you want to explore. Create a list of the diners and pick one you really like the idea of, then plan to go there the day after you move when you do not have your kitchen items unpacked yet.
Moving might normally be stressful, but these suggestions may help reduce the stress and even turn it into an adventure. Remember that professional movers in El Paso can assist with as much or as little of the move as needed, and your local mover in El Paso will be a wonderful resource for everything from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Also, Don’t forget that this is a temporary circumstance and everything will return to normal very soon.
Request a free quote