By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
usually have a variety of connected services that are designed to help families with a seamless move. Some can offer local storage, a few are able to help you move specific things, and quite a few offer a professional packing service to pack-up homes for their moving clients. As a professional moving company in El Paso
, A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers all of these services, and have assisted thousands of people enjoy a worry-free, complete move thanks to these extra services.
Additionally, we field lots of questions about professional packing and exactly what it involves. You could be wondering "Do I need assistance with packing?" and if so, how much do you need, and how should you schedule it? We are available to answer all the essential questions regarding a professional packing service for your upcoming move to El Paso.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your home takes a good amount of time. The majority of people need at a minimum a couple months of nights and weekends to get their belongings boxed, labeled, and completed for the moving company in El Paso. Of course, not everyone can handle their own packing - or complete all their packing on time. In the event packing boxes is not something you want to do, or if your crazy schedule has no capacity for packing, it is a great idea to schedule your packing service early.
People Who Frequently Need a Packing Service
If you think you might need a packing service, do not fret, you won’t be the only one. A lof of varied types of people (and moves) want professional packing to make certain everything get done on time, and we are happy to provide that speedy service for your benefit. Below are some very typical examples of people who most often require all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Run Out of Time
- Parents of Youngsters
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Elderly and Disabled Clients
- People Who Don't Know How to Pack Sensitive Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a residence normally requires between 3 and 12 hours, dependent on the size of your home and how many items you have. As a general rule, you can estimate that it might require about two hours per room in your home or doubled for extra-large and extra-cluttered areas. Don't forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The best way to get an accurate estimate on packing your home is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your home will help the moving company in El Paso to easily estimate how many hours and people it will take to pack your home within a couple days.
Complete vs Select Packing Services
A whole packing service is when professional movers in El Paso pack up your entire house even your kitchen, wardrobe, toiletries, office – everything. However, you could also ask for a select packing service. Some people ask the moving company in El Paso only to manage furniture disassembly and wrapping to make sure it's done properly. Some ask their movers only to pack kitchen items and delicate things, because movers know how it should be done and will have all the correct materials.
Partial packing services should make it possible to find the best, most efficient method to get your house packed and moved by maximizing your own time and effort and the rapid expertise of your moving company in El Paso.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
If you hire a professional packing service, what might you expect? Professional packing generally requires about one and two days of work, most of the time scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers should start to meticulously box all your items based on their location.
- Packing One Room at a Time
- Professional packing usually tackles one room at a time, and each and every carton is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will pack shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, shoes, electronics) so that rooms should be simple to put back together while you are unpacking.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you need to be available to provide oversight and answer questions. Packers may ask you concerning broken belongings, categories, or which labels to use. They could have detailed questions regarding how you require them to pack specific things or rooms.
- If you aren’t personally available, keep your phone with you to answer questions remotely, and you will want a proxy there in person.
- Expert Packing and Specific Labeling
- One of the greatest advantages of professional packing is that every carton should be a perfect fit. Years of knowledge and all the right materials mean that your crew knows how to pack a carton so that it will stack securely in the moving van and unpack smoothly on arrival. They will also typically label your cartons so you will be able to locate specific items and rebuild rooms when you arrive.
- Placing Boxes in an Easy-to-Load Location
- The last step is stacking your boxes for the arrival of the moving truck. You might ask the professional movers in El Paso to leave cartons in the areas for which they were packed, or to place all the boxes in the family room for speedy, efficient moving van loading when the time comes.
How Do You Get Ready for a Packing?
How do you prepare when professional packers are scheduled to be there soon? You might make the day less chaotic and the pack more organized with just a little preparation.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Make sure you have clean dishes and folded or hung up laundry if you are asking your professional movers in El Paso to pack up the kitchen and also bedrooms.
- Return Items to Their Desired Rooms
- When the house is packed as well as unpacked, it is usually completed by room. While you may not have to wholly clean up, taking items back to their rightful room is a great way to ensure they end up in the correct box.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Clean out your pantry one way or the other. Challenge the family to create pantry-emptying recipes and donate whatever is left. Except for a few spices and dry goods, there is no need to pack and move food items.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Finally, list any belongings you are worried about to discuss with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
When you have a big move in the near future, you could not have the time or ability to perform all the packing on your own - and that's fine. Full-service professional movers in El Paso like A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers professional packing services. Contact us today to discuss the packing services your move might need.
Request a free quote