By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
It's no surprise that the summer time is the most common season for moving, as not many folks would like to brave chilly wintertime weather or (for those with school-age children) cope with the anxiety of relocating their household during a school year.
Obviously, as a result you'll encounter challenges that you'll have to conquer to make your move a success. Nevertheless, with a bit of forethought, scheduling, and a little bit of help from a professional moving company in El Paso, everything is certain to work out in the end. Here are some do's and don'ts for moving to El Paso throughout the summer season:
· Choose and book your moving company in El Paso as far ahead of time as possible. Given that summer season is peak moving season, you won't want to wait 'til the final moment to make plans with your professional movers, because you might learn that your selected supplier is currently booked up.
· Stay hydrated. Many people are unknowingly affected by persistent dehydration, and the summer time warmth merely makes matters worse. To prevent exhaustion, muscle cramps, headache, and a host of other symptoms, make certain that you are taking in adequate drinking water. Of course, if you are able to spare a couple water bottles for your professional movers, they'll be thankful for the hydration also, believe us.
· Guard your skin from damaging UV rays. Use a good amount of sunscreen and/or a wide-brimmed hat to guard your body from the sunburn and other problems that come from too much exposure to UV radiation.
· Start the move early in the day. If possible, pack and load the bulkier things ahead of when the sun comes out in full force, it'll make you and your moving company workers much more at ease throughout the rest of the loading process.
· Make sure spoilable items are kept in a cool place. Should it be food or perhaps items that could experience deterioration from extented exposure to heat, be sure that you have a strategy in relation to keeping perishable items chilled.
· Anticipate to pay more. Unfortunately, summertime's appeal for moving commonly signifies that you will end up spending a bit more for the exact same offerings than you will during other times of the year.
Do not ...
· Hold off the switch of your utilities. The last thing you desire will be to reach your new home only to discover that it is 90 degrees outside and there's no air conditioning.
· Fail to take additional precautions with the kids and/or pets. As stated earlier, ensure your youngsters are donning plenty of sun block, and are outfitted adequately for hot weather. Be familiar with the dangers related to heat exhaustion along with heat stroke, and keep your children and house animals well hydrated through the moving process.
· Underestimate how long the moving process can take. Far before moving day, you need to start the moving process by packing up specific goods that you will not need for a time. You need to explore several moving companies in El Paso, speak to the movers which you favor, and after that, if you decide to employ them, do so several weeks ahead of time.
The reality is, summer moving has its distinct eccentricities and also obstacles. However, with appropriate preparation and the help of professional movers in El Paso, like the friendly experts at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, you'll be able to have a relatively easy and flawless move as you commence a new part in your life. If you wish to discover more about how we can help, get in touch with us today.
Request a free quote